Real Estate Operations Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Operations Manager – Construction (Nairobi)
A leading real estate company involved in Construction, Project Management, Project design, planning and development, Letting and Property Management is looking to fill the position of an Operations Manager-Construction.
The Operations Manager-Construction will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Managing Director and liaise with other Directors and Heads of Departments.
The position is of a temporary nature for a period of 6 months with possibility of extension or confirmation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services, through improvements to each function
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Prepare comprehensive project implementation programs
- Prepare the schedule of resources both human and material required to realize the implementation of the program
- Ensure projects are managed within the approved financial budgets
- Interpret the project drawings/plans and contract terms to various publics within and outside the organization.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take remedial action to deal with project delays.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper remedial action is taken.
- Generation of monthly reports
- Bsc. Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in a similar position with a reputable organization
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Knowledge of contract management, experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and evaluating results
- Ability to review large quantities of information, monitor processes, materials, and surroundings
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work by developing specific goals and plans.
Salary budget: Kshs. 100,000 – 150, 000 Gross
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 11th February 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.