Ndetika Rural Sacco Assistant Systems Administrator Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Report to the System Administrator
Implements, manages, and troubleshoots existing network and system environments.
Provides administration, operation management, and support for all computer systems, workstations.
Performs frequent server checks and implements patches on servers also applying operating system updates patches, and configuration changes.
Performs maintenance of desktop computers and performance tuning.
Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc through AD.
Working on Database correction of entered record.
Technical support and troubleshooting any reported problems.
Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
Maintains software, including testing, evaluation and installation of new versions or authorized modifications to custom and vendor-supplied operating systems and related software.
Determines and initiates appropriate and immediate actions needed to restore normal services with minimal down time.
Investigates recurring and related operating system failures/inefficiencies by reviewing system logs, dumps and other information from clients or technical personnel.
Works with hardware and software vendors to diagnose and correct problems.
Monitors and evaluates operating efficiency, analyzes hardware/software performance and tuning.
Prepares documentation of systems and software for permanent records.
Advises and trains clients regarding server systems.
Configuration of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network;
Developing and updating application systems;
Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme specifications in liaison with users;
Carrying out repairs and maintenance of Information Communication Technology equipment and associated Technology equipment;
Verification, validation and certification of Information Communication Technologyequipment; and
Overseeing the process of configuration of new Information Communication Technology equipment.
- At least a degree in ICT from a recognized university.
- Must be willing to take or participate in challenging tasks.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as PHP, C, C#, Java, .NET, and Visual Basic
- Exposure to Mobile Application Development
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Application letter must be Hand Written and sent through post.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may send their applications enclosing copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, detailed CV including names and contacts of three referees to reach the undersigned on or before 11th February 2012
For more information please contact the C.E.O. on email@example.com
Ndetika Rural Sacco Ltd
P.O. Box 575-00902