Nation Media Group Limited Legal Counsel Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Job Ref: HR-LC-01-2013
Nation Media Group Limited is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, results oriented, dynamic and self driven Legal Counsel within our Legal and Administration Department.
- Providing legal opinion and advise to NMG, its Subsidiary and Associated companies.
- Drawing and vetting contracts, leases and other legal instruments involving the Company and third parties.
- Handling regulatory issues within the media industry.
- Ensuring safe custody of legal documents and securities.
- Participating in resolving disputes with customers and other parties.
- Responding to libel claims and liaising with external lawyers for court cases;
- Updating on legal requirements by reviewing the Kenya Gazette; and
- Ensuring compliance with the Capital Markets Authority and the Nairobi Securities Exchange regulations and requirements
Knowledge, skills and ability required:
- Bachelor of Laws Degree
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Member of Law Society of Kenya
- Certified Public Secretary Registration
- 3 – 5 years working experience;
- Articulate, assertive and team player
- Good communication skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 8th February, 2013.