Merlin Health Information Systems Officer Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Position: Field Officer- Health Information System (HIS)
Responsible to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Staff directly supervised: Casual data clerks (from time to time)
Relationships internally: All programme and support staff
Relationships externally: MoMS/MoPHS personnel, other governmental and non-governmental counterparts, community members
Location: Kisii, Kisii County
Salary: Kshs 65,000 per month
Benefits: Insurance cover, 15% of Basic Salary as House Allowance, and annual leave entitlement of 24 days per annum at the completion of 12 months of continuous employment with Merlin
Overall Objective Of The Position
The Field Officer-HIS is based in Kisii and will have responsibility for collection, collation, compilation, analysis, maintaining and dissemination of data on malaria, HIV/AIDS and TB and other project related areas.
- Ensure data collection and entry of relevant data related to Merlin projects in a timely manner, and feedback is given to the source of the data such as DHMTs health facilities and communities in collaboration with other departments
- Analysis of collected data, make necessary visual presentation and give feedback to each service delivery point
- Ensure the database in Merlin M&E department and MoH are functional and in use
- Assist MoH staff in collecting, collating and disseminating HIV/AIDS and TB and other relevant data on time.
- Assist conduction of survey, evaluation and research activities
- Ensure MoH data tools (registers, forms etc.) are correctly utilized, kept and updated within Merlin project areas including health facilities and communities
- Assist the Project Officer-M&E with the preparation and presentation of data for internal and donor reports in a timely manner
- Ensure availability of relevant data collection tools within the Merlin supported health facilities sites.
- Foster ownership of data collection tools and related data by health facilities.
- Regularly collect and at all times maintain in a user-friendly form all projects data in a Merlin database.
- Assist PO-M&E in identifying training needs on data for records officers and other MOH personnel on data collection, entry, analysis and report writing.
- Ensure data is segregated by gender and flag any gender disparities so as to enhance gender sensitive programming.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in Information Systems (Medical statistics), Information Management or equivalent
- Experience of over 2 years in health information systems support in an NGO
- Knowledge of Access, EPI info, SPSS or similar data analysis programmes
- Professional initiative, commitment and motivation
- Experience in Health informatics tools for collecting, managing, analyzing and processing health data
- Knowledge Designing and developing health databases
- Knowledge in the use of Innovative applications of information and communications technologies (ICTs) in health
- Exposure of Health information security issues and solutions
- Knowledge of Legal and ethical issues in development and use of health information systems
Merlin, Nairobi Office,
P.O Box 3350 – 00200, Nairobi, Kenya
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 5:00pm on Friday, 9th February 2013. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act, Merlin will hold and use personal information that you have given for the purpose of recruitment and employment.