M-KOPA Area Sales Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
M-KOPA Kenya Ltd is a new company using mobile payments to provide “pay as you go” solar energy services.
Successful applicants for this role will be commercially-focused sales professionals with a proven ability to manage local networks of businesses in a related sector such as financial services, mobile money, airtime, consumer goods, or other goods and services across Kenya.
Who we are
What we do
M-KOPA products are distributed and sold through a network of local dealers and outlets, who are paid a commission when customers make payments.
Title: Area Sales Manager
Role: Reporting to the national head of sales, build and manage a network of M-KOPA dealers across a new region.
Start Date: Q1 2013
Period: Three month probation leading to two year contract
- Work directly for the head of sales to grow the M-KOPA dealer network into a new region.
- Recruit and train a network of dealers in the new region.
- Take responsibility for dealer performance and sales within defined region, reporting to head of sales.
- Perform dealer management including activation and merchandising, training, and marketing support activities (e.g. roadshows).
- Manage stock and deliveries to the dealer network ensuring that products are consistently available.
- Conduct regular field visits to dealers to ensure standards in a range of areas including merchandising, accounting, and other performance measures.
- Develop new sales channels in the region (e.g. SACCOS, schools, other groups).
- 3+ years’ experience in a related sales field e.g. consumer goods, financial services, mobile-money or other product/service in East Africa.
- Proven ability to build and manage a network of small retailers in rural and urban settings
- Experience managing inventory and stock across a network of 40+ dealers/agents.
- Direct experience planning and executing an Area Sales consumer marketing strategy focused on below the line activities.
- Knowledge of the local business environment in your chosen region.
- Excellent computer literacy and communication skills across people from different backgrounds.
- English and Kiswahili fluency both written and spoken.
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognized institution in a business related field may be a bonus if accompanied by relevant experience.