FAO Somalia Radio Operators Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/03/2013
Deadline for Application: 1st February 2013
Position Title: Radio Operator
Contract Type: Service Contract
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension
Under the direct supervision of the Field Security Officer (FSO) or in his absence the National Security Officer (NSO) in Nairobi, the Radio Operator will work in a 24/7 radio room in Ngecha road Campus which will serve as the UN radio room for FAO Kenya and Somalia in Nairobi.
To ensure that the radio room is staffed 24 hours, the incumbent will perform the following principal functions in rotational basis:-
- Operate radio networks, telex/fax machines and receive and dispatch their messages;
- Type, distribute and log all incoming/outgoing radio/telex/fax messages properly to concerned UN personnel/Registry;
- Maintain chronological files for all incoming and outgoing telexes, facsimile and radio messages;
- Properly maintain all radio network, communication equipment;
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on radio, telex/fax equipment;
- Maintain contact with UNDSS Radio Room, WFP Radio Room and all other stations of the Emergency Communications Network in Nairobi
- Maintain Radio contact with UNDSS Somalia radio room and all HF stations of FAO Somalia in Hargeisa and Garowe
- As instructed by the FSO or NSO, conduct mission tracking for FAO Somalia/Kenya, either in Kenya or in Somalia.
- Maintain regular communication and tracking of FAO Kenya and Somalia designated Wardens, performing periodical radio checks as instructed by the NSO/FSO
- Maintain tracking of vehicles equipped with VHF/HF communication
- Ensure communication security at all times;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/03/2013 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal History (PH) form available at http://fmt.faoso.net/documents/PH_form-Blank.docx.
UN-Somalia Ngecha Road Complex
Corner Lower Kabete Road/Ngecha Road
P.O. Box 30470-00100
Applications may also be faxed, again clearly indicating CONFIDENTIAL – FAO/03/2013 in the subject line, to +254-20-4000333.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.