FAO Somalia Operations Assistant (Security) Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/01/2013
Position Title:Operations Assistant – Security
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 6 Months with possible extension
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Somalia O-I-C and direct supervision of the National Security Officer and field security officer, the Security Operations Assistant facilitates operations, serves as first point of contact for all field staff on routine security operations issues, ensuring staff are in full compliance with all UN security policies, standards and directives in carrying out their day-to-day duties.
- Contact each staff member working under Special Security Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), by phone and exclusively in the Somali language, every working day, and more frequently as specific situations require;
- Track movement, location and work status of field staff under Special CONOPS on a daily basis and report through daily staff location sheet;
- Act as a link between FAO-Somalia and UNDSS on any matter related to the operational security of FAO staff in the field;
- Keep field staff informed of security situations on the ground based on the information provided by UNDSS;
- Compile quarterly reports on the consumption and/or expiration of first aid and quick-run kit items, and send to Logistics to inform requests for replenishment;
- Request and process security clearances, both online (TRIP) and manually by Mission Security Clearance Request (MSCR) on behalf of all staff in compliance with UN security regulations. Serve as MSCR focal point for FAO-Somalia to UNDSS.
- Follow up as necessary on the approval of security clearance requests;
- Track all MSCRs submitted on behalf of FAO staff;
- Maintain proper filing of the security unit Operations security document;
- Support FAO National security Officer and the FSO on any security related issues between FAO and UNDSS.
- Monitor access control and process security access card for all FAO premises (UN Somalia Ngecha Road Offices).
- Process Travel authorization for security unit and Mission travel claims.
- Attend country security meeting on the absence of National security Officer and the FSO.
- Act as focal point for all security related issues from the field and channel to FAO – NSO and respective managers and follow up for actions.
- Supervise and coordinate with all FAO Units on the travel of Nairobi based staff on mission.
- Follow up and keep the track of all FAO staff security trainings and update TRIP profiles.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Three years of clerical, administrative or operational security experience.
- Systematic and efficient approach to work assignments; good judgment and analytical ability;
- excellent attention to detail; communicates with supervisors and colleagues on a regular basis; candid and trustworthy when issues are raised.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
- Good knowledge of the UN work system.
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/01/2013 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal History (PH) form available at http://fmt.faoso.net/documents/PH_form-Blank.docx .
UN-Somalia Ngecha Road Complex
Corner Lower Kabete Road/Ngecha Road
P.O. Box 30470-00100
Applications may also be faxed, again clearly indicating CONFIDENTIAL – FAO/01/2013 in the subject line, to +254-20-4000333.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.