FAO Somalia LOA Assistant Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/04/2013
Deadline for Application: 1st February 2013
Position Title: LOA Assistant
Contract Type: Service Contract
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 3 Months with possible extension
Under the overall supervision of the Officer in Charge (O.I.C.) and the International Procurement Officer of FAO Somalia and the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer (Letters of Agreement – LoAs), the LoA Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Draft RFPs and ITBs for Letters of Agreement and any correspondence and notes for the file related thereto as appropriated as instructed by the Procurement Officer (Letters of Agreement);
- Assist in the establishment of Service Providers’ electronic database and draft correspondence for Service Providers to reply to queries and clarifications on the submitted applications;
- Assist in undertaking due-diligence review of Service Providers’ applications;
- Assist in the implementation of market surveys to determine operations’ related rate to be applied under Letters of Agreement;
- Maintaining the filing system and proper record-keeping concerning the LoA function including electronic LoA database and hard copies of LoAs, routing slips, note for the files, justifications and key correspondences;
- Follow up with the relevant Responsible Officers on the preparation and provision of the necessary information and documents required for the proper implementation of the Quality Assurance function;
- Assist the Procurement Officer (LoAs) in the preparation of the consolidated annual LoA plan for FAO Somalia including the regular quarterly updates of this plan;
- Ensure timely insertion of the Quality Assurance Requisitions in the LoA database;
- Assist the Procurement Officer (LoAs) to undertake preliminary Quality Assurance review of Letters of Agreement;
- Assist in the preparation of the regular quarterly reports on LoAs to be submitted to CSAP in Rome;
- Attend, whenever required, Tender Opening Panel and Local Procurement Committee meetings in the capacity of secretary, preparing and editing Tender Opening and Local Procurement Committee minutes, Letters of Agreement and note for the files and all documents relevant to Letters of Agreement;
- Undertaking commercial evaluation of offers and preparing commercial evaluation summaries/tables;
- Follow up on all correspondences under LoA activities of FAO-Somalia;
- Follow up and report regularly to the Procurement Officer (LoAs) on the progress of LoA activities;
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated annual LoA plan of FAO-Somalia and follow up on its implementation;
- Perform other related duties as required;
Experience: Two years of clerical, general office and/or operations experience, including analyzing, processing and editing of information and data and record keeping
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English).
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use administrative software and/or other information systems and databases.
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/04/2013 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal History (PH) form available at http://fmt.faoso.net/documents/PH_form-Blank.docx.
UN-Somalia Ngecha Road Complex
Corner Lower Kabete Road/Ngecha Road
P.O. Box 30470-00100
Applications may also be faxed, again clearly indicating CONFIDENTIAL – FAO/04/2013 in the subject line, to +254-20-4000333.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.