ICF International Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Health, Education, and Social Programs
International Health and Development
About ICF International
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives.
ICF International’s Nairobi office is seeking an Information Technology Officer to manage and support technology-related activities in support of our Monitoring and Evaluation projects and activities.
- Manage IT solutions subcontracts including developers and testers as they perform technology development activities to ensure systems developed meet project requirements Kenya government and ICF standard technology engineering processes.
- Liaise and work with partner organizations and stakeholders to support technology tasks including implementing GIS modules and database enhancements.
- Maintain web-based, SMS, Mobile phone and MS. Access technologies. This may require actual programming to be performed by the IT Officer.
- Determine project data use and report needs, and work to come up with technology solutions that address those needs.
- Perform specific technology development activities including designing & programing databases, dashboards, reports for ICF projects.
- Support the knowledge management project needs.
- Perform desktop/laptop, printer, server, network and internet technical support and troubleshooting functions for in-country staff as well as coordinate with US-based help-desk to resolve local hardware/software issues.
- A BSc. degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Engineering or other related field of study.
- 5 yrs. hands-on progressive work experience developing systems using web-based, desktop, database, mobile phone and GIS technologies
- 3 years working to develop new or support existing systems within the NGO/development, health or M&E areas.
- Strong programming skills demonstrated by at least 3 years working with 3 or more of the following: LAMP or other Open Source platforms, Java, MS Access, .NET, Advanced MS Excel and SQL Server.
- Some technical support and troubleshooting skills as demonstrated by 1 or more years’ experience resolving desktop/laptop, printer, server, network and internet hardware/software issues.
- Project management skills as demonstrated by hands-on work experience or relevant academic training and/or certification.
- Building and maintaining working relationships with partners including the Government of Kenya, NGOs and other M&E collaborating organizations.
- Work well with various teams to provide technology expertise to allow systems development to move forward resulting in systems that meet project and stakeholder needs.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/