County Governments Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Office of the Auditor General
Advertisement for the Position of Deputy Auditor General – County Governments
The Office of the Auditor General is a Constitutional Office established under Article 229 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The Office is a body corporate mandated to audit the National and County Governments, in addition to other state organs and entities.
Objectives of the Position
The Office of the Auditor General wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to hold the position of a Deputy Auditor General who will be one of two Deputies responsible for the audit of County Government and reporting to the Auditor General.
Scope of Responsibility
The Deputy Auditor General will be responsible to the Auditor-General and he/she will be the Head of the Department.
At this position, he/she will be required to: efficiently and effectively organize, co-ordinate, control and supervise all audit or administrative functions falling under the department including client service, staff performance and development, staff deployment and discipline.
He/she will be responsible for implementation and review of the strategic and operational plans for his/her department.
He/she will be responsible for setting and maintaining high professional auditing and administrative standards in his/her departments and will ensure that all accounting and auditing standards are followed on all assignments.
The Deputy Auditor General will also be responsible for the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all accounts and reports submitted for certification or action by the Auditor-General.
He/she will also be expected to:
- Provide strategic development and management of the department
- Ensure that the department is under continuous programme of improvement and upholds commitment to promote openness and accountability in the public sector
- Provide inspirational leadership, effective management and act as a role model
- Ensure that statutory and regulatory obligations are met
- Ensure that the Office of the Auditor General discharges its mandate effectively
- Facilitate effective annual operational planning and budgeting
- Ensure that systems and processes are in place and are adhered to
- Promote the office Mission and Vision to all stakeholders and ensure a good customer/public relation
- Proactively communicate objectives of the office to all stakeholders and the general public on behalf of the Auditor General
- At least a second degree in a field relevant to the Audit Functions such as Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Law, Business Administration or Public Administration.
- Professional qualifications in a field relevant to the audit function
- Membership to a professional body will be necessary
- Eligible Officers in the Office of Auditor General will be considered for this position in accordance with the Scheme of Service for the office.
Past Experiences and Personal Attributes
- At least 10 years experience, 5 of which must be at a Senior Level in a reputable organization
- Demonstrated Technical competence in auditing gained preferably from a similar organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public relations and team building skills
- Have Strong Computer Skills
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your application to the email address shown below quoting the job title on the cover letter accompanied by detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, indicating your current remuneration, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your C.V must clearly indicate three names of referees who must be familiar with your previous academic/work experience and indicate their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Scan and attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, Identity Card and testimonials.
Application should be sent online to the Auditor-General on firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 8th February 2013.
Hard copies will not be accepted.
Please note that you should receive an auto reply to confirm your application has been received.
The Office of the Auditor General is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification