VSF Belgium Roving Accountant Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya 2013
VSF Belgium is a recognized developmental International NGO founded in 1995 working with disadvantaged communities to increase their standards of living, improve food security and livelihood sustainability through improved animal health and animal production.
In East Africa, our programmes focus on community based animal health services, capacity building of local institutions and governments, conflict mitigation and sustainable natural resource management
Position Title: Roving Accountant
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year, renewable
The Roving Accountant provides overall support to the accounting function of VSFB in East Africa especially on the training of Win books, induction and relieving of the Accountants in the Country Offices.
- Responsible for quality review check on all country offices financial documents to ensure they comply with accounting requirements.
- Confirm reconciliation of supplier/staff advance accounts.
- Confirm that all payments have complete supporting documents and approvals.
- Do spot checks on Cashboxes.
- Counter check bank reconciliations.
- Review transactions postings for correctness of analytical booking in comparison with physical documents.
- Responsible for capacity building of field accountants in financial management and Win books system.
- Ensure continuous training of field accountants on Win books.
- Back stop on back log in the various field offices and RON especially when finance staff are on Leave
- Coordinate trainings for non-finance managers with the Finance Manager.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are adhered to in the country and field offices.
- Capitalize knowledge and share it within VSF-B.
Essential or MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in Bachelor of Commerce – Finance option
- Relevant accounting qualifications i.e. CPA (K) or ACCA equivalent
Knowledge and experience
- At least 3 years financial management experience in a busy office.
- Experience of working with an NGO will be an added advantage
- Experience in the use of one or more accounting software packages and accounting in different currencies.
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations i.e. ECHO, USAID, EU,DFID
- Knowledge and experience with the International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Excellent managerial, organizational and planning skills
- Strong numerical skills and accuracy.
- Good reporting skills
- Computer literacy with very good advanced MS Excel skills and Word
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prepare and present issues at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Attentive to detail and result oriented
- High integrity and initiative
- Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of VSF-B
- Display of intercultural sensitivity, respect in dealing with others
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote locations.
Please send your application (reference “Roving Accountant”), CV and 3 references (one must be your current employer), by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 21st January 2013
This vacancy is open to male and female candidates.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.