KUSCCO Sacco Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
We have been retained by one of our clients, a leading SACCO in Nairobi to recruit a SACCO Manager
The office holder is an accountant and administrative Officer who manages the SACCO activities in collaboration with the SACCO Management Board.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Responsible for the organization’s investments and management of balanced investment portfolio.
- Responsible for the management, development and maintenance of a high performance team by providing good leadership and effective supervision and guidance of staff members under his/her charge.
- Responsible for the organization’s financial planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for management of costs so as to achieve business growth as outlined in the strategic plan
- Responsible for supporting decision making through preparation, analysis and presentation of comprehensive, timely, reliable and compliant financial reports.
- Ensure effective implementation of financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Management of the general and subsidiary ledgers in accordance with internationally accepted accounting and financial reporting standards and preparation of final accounts for audit
- Prepare and analyze on a regular basis the Sacco’s business plans, budgetary estimates and provide explanations on variances.
- Provide support to all other functions to enhance organizational goals. Ensure proper planning and forecasting of Sacco operations.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on performance of the Sacco to the board.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- University Degree in Commerce/Finance /Accounting
- CPA ( K)
- Qualifications in Sacco operations, Diploma in cooperative management, Business Management, Micro Finance, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Sacco/financial management position.
- Two years minimum experience with a reputed Sacco at Management level.
- Age between 30 – 45 yrs.
- Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel);
- Working experience with Navision software is mandatory
- Strong leadership skills and decision making ability
- Excellent analytical skills, self drive and initiative
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Certificate of good conduct