Head of Human Resources Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Designation: Head Human Resources – Kenya
Grade: DGM / GM
Reporting To: Head HR – Africa and Business Head- East Africa
This role will establish an effective and business focused HR function in Kenya.
The role holder will work closely with the Africa Head HR and Head Office HR team to establish and drive HR processes based on group HR guiding principles.
The incumbent will initiate the HR function setting in Kenya and after taking it to mature level will then progress to assume the East Africa HR responsibilities.
- Kenya - 65 %( for first 12 months 100%)
- East Africa – 35% after the initial 12 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Selection
- Responsible for recruitments for positions at all managerial and admin levels
- Optimize recruitment and manpower cost by identifying sourcing partners and localising talent.
- Streamline hiring mechanism for shop floor workers.
- Maintain harmonized Industrial Relations in Style Kenya, with minimal work loss.
- Identify ways of enhancing employee productivity.
- Maintain high engagement level with the workforce
- Develop and maintain Manpower Budgets for Style Kenya.
- Resolution of compensation related queries of employees
- Calculation of incremented compensation and PLVR/ Bonus payouts post appraisals, in coordination with International HR team in India
- Ensuring timely release and accuracy of Appraisal and PLVR/ Bonus letters
- Development and implementation of Sales Incentives Schemes
Performance & Talent Management
- Ensuring timely completion of goal setting, quarterly reviews and annual appraisals, on Success Factors (HRMS)
- Facilitate career discussions
Learning and Development
- Access capability gaps and develop training interventions to fill them
- Identify business, dept and individual training needs
- Rolling out the training calendar
- Ensuring proper induction of all the new joinees
- Ensuring timely completion of all activities involved in Employee Life Cycle like probation evaluation and confirmation of new joinees, transfers, exit interviews etc
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of data of all employees on Success Factors (HRMS)
- Responsible for Facility management and providing general administration services.
- Establish contacts with service providers.
- Responsible for coordination with key government agencies for employment perspective
- Liaise with government bodies to ensure successful running of labour matters.
Qualification and Experience:
- Professional degree in Human Resources with at least 8-10 years’ experience in Manufacturing Set-up.
- Exposure to HR matters in sub-Saharan Africa is preferable.
- Knowledge and experience of Industrial relations management is essential.
Language: Knowledge of English and Swahili language (Reading, Writing, Speaking) is a must, fluency in French is an added advantage.
Key Challenges in the Role
- Industrial Relations
- Liaison with Govt. authorities
- Expat Management
- Setting up HR function
- Create an employer brand.
Sub Functions to be Managed
- Factory HR/ Industrial relations
- HR processes
- Facility management
- Factory Management Office
Average team size- 8-10 people.
Internal and External Interactions
Internal and External Interactions
- Business Heads
- Africa Head HR
- International HR team (India)
- BU Function Heads
- Legal Advisors
- Government officials and agencies
Email your application to email@example.com