Care of Creation Kenya Biblically-Based Forestry Education Assistant Jobs in Kijabe 2013
Job Title: Biblically-based Forestry Education Assistant
- Mature Christian with a heart for ministering to local communities
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated expertise in forestry
- Demonstrated background in education
- Demonstrated background in tree nursery management
- Excellent knowledge of indigenous tree species
- Demonstrated background in teaching from Scripture
- Experience in bee-keeping
- Ability to live within reasonable distance to Kijabe
- Current motorcycle license
- Conduct regular visits to area schools and community groups
- Conduct tours of CCK’s nursery and demonstration site
- Plan, organize and assist in facilitating educational activities
- Plan, organize and assist in tree planting and forest conservation activities
- Assist in managing CCK’s indigenous tree nursery
- Monitor and evaluate quality of tree-planting and bee-keeping initiatives
- Communicate and develop working relationships with other organizations and CBO’s addressing forestry issues
- Write reports, keep records, develop and maintain accurate inventory of tree nursery details
1) Submit a letter of intent to apply for this position that summarizes your educational and work history. Include an explanation of why you want to work for CCK and why you are qualified for this position.
2) Submit a description of your personal testimony and experience as a Christian.
3) Submit your CV and provide FOUR references, including TWO references from your most recent employers, and TWO character references. Include their phone numbers and email addresses.
4) Submit written answers to the following items / questions:
A. Briefly describe your primary goals in life.
Note: The organization prefers that you submit your application materials electronically to the director at this address: Craig@careofcreation.org.
Application deadline: February 8, 2013