Tax and Legal Matters in Charge Jobs Vacancy in Kenya 2013
Job Title: Tax and Legal Matters in Charge
Normally Reports To: Chief Accountant
Sub Functional Area: Legal & Taxation
Support team to provide management with necessary management reports on taxation and legal issues, their cost implication and timing for planning and decision making aimed at maximizing company performance and strategic positioning in the market ensuring that financial data is correctly captured and reported.
- Responsible for all of official documents, legal documents and related issues/documents
- Legal advice on all corporate/commercial operational matters for whole company
- Providing legal advice to local management on legal issues where appropriate.
- Instruction of outside counsel and managing the relationship efficiently
- Reviewing purchase and sales contracts, distribution and agency contracts etc;
- Participating in the negotiation, drafting and review of materials contracts.
- Acting as a legal backup for different functions.
- Work according to the group compliance plan policies and guidelines
- Managing disputes involving company’s entire operations and all medium litigation matters.
- Provide advice and support on all legal matters to all departments of the Company: commercial and corporate law, local tax, labor law.
- Ensures that a business or organization follows tax codes and laws. This job requires staying current with any changes in Country and county tax regulations.
- Review expense reports and financial statements, ensuring that the company’s finances meet tax law requirements.
- Make recommendations to reduce risk and establish continued tax compliance.
- When the government makes a new tax law or regulation, the in-charge should be able to predict the effects of the law on the organization.
- Excise duty monitoring – T810, C4 and R370 reconciliation with stock.
- Reconciliation of duty refundable with the supply department.
- Handling legal research and preparing other legal documents
- Preparing memos and other correspondence
- Coordinating with Revenue officers on tax audits and compliances.
- Letter of credit – checking and monitoring
- Trade deals and forward covers
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements are implemented.
- Implementing and monitoring the Group standards and guide lines including employee manual and compliance.
- Bachelor of Commerce from a recognized university
- CPA and CPS part or full qualification
- At least 12 years of Legal, audit and commercial exposure combined.
- Strong commercial/pragmatic sense and understanding of business needs
- Knowledge of existing law and regulation, ability to work independent
- Tax exposure especially dealing with Kenya Revenue Authority is a plus
- Management and leadership skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Able to meet deadlines polite and helpful
- A working knowledge of tax code and track record of excellent attention to detail.
- A background in accounting, finance or law – practical experience.
- Degree in law will be added advantage
All CV’s to be sent to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th January 2013