Systems Administrator Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Shujaa Solutions Ltd is a leading software development company specializing in mobile solutions. Incorporated in 2008, the company employs bleeding edge technologies in producing both corporate and mass market solutions.
Position: Systems Administrator
- Scripting including Bash, awk, sed, Tcl/Tk.
- Perl / Python / C.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL. Oracle a plus.
- LDAP, NFS, SMTP/POP/IMAP, SSH, FTP, NTP and other commonly used protocols.
- Networking: IP layout, DHCP/DNS, VLAN, VPN, wireless. Cisco routers a plus.
- Basic understanding of security including PKI, brute force attacks, backdoors, AAA, cryptography.
- Other operating systems including Solaris, BSD and Windows, virtual machines a plus.
- Administer Linux workstations/servers running in a 24×7 environment.
- Administration may include file sharing, shell scripting, performance tuning, proactive monitoring, patch management, backups and Linux workstation end-user support.
- Monitor, identify, and resolve production capacity, contention, and resource deficiencies.
- Research, test, and implement new hardware and software.
- Implement software and hardware RAID solutions.
- Assist developers in deploying of applications.
- College or University degree in IT-related field.
- 0 to 2 years experience.
- Demonstrate strong Linux exposure.
- Familiarity in Java an asset, also Java application servers like Tomcat and Glassfish.
Shujaa Solutions offers competitive wages and a comprehensive selection of benefit options.