Java Developer Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Shujaa Solutions Ltd is a leading software development company specializing in mobile technologies. Incorporated in 2008, the company employs bleeding edge technologies in producing both corporate and mass market solutions.
- J2EE technologies – JSP, Servlets, Hibernate.
- Java application servers – Glassfish or other
- J2ME and any other mobile programming knowledge
- IDEs: Eclipse, Ant, Wireless Toolkit
- Database Development: Postgres / MySQL. Oracle a plus.
- Some networking knowledge
- Basic Internet security including SSL, certificates and keys
- Working with open source frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Version control
- Various testing methodologies and frameworks e.g. JUnit for Unit Testing
- Linux or Unix experience strongly preferred.
- Deliver high quality software with an emphasis on standards compliance and use of industry best practices
- Software to be primarily developed on Linux
- Evaluates hardware or software product alternatives and makes recommendations
- Work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches, and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities
- Develop detailed specifications, create and review code and assess impact on other applications
- Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions.
- Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues.
- Active participation in issue resolution.
- College or University degree in IT-related field.
- 0 to 2 years experience.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design methods and techniques including MVC.
- Demonstrates solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates good leadership skills and independence.
- Knowledge of GSM networks an asset.
Shujaa Solutions offers competitive wages and a comprehensive selection of benefit options.