Aga Khan Foundation Strengthening Education Systems Project in East Africa (SESEA) Project Director Job Vacancy 2013
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) focuses on a small number of specific social and economic development problems by forming (intellectual and financial) partnerships with organisations sharing similar objectives.
In East Africa, AKF supports programming in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda that contributes to a better quality of life for hundreds of communities.
- Oversee all project planning, implementation and reporting processes
- Manage and provide supervision and guidance to PCU staff
- Build direct and cross-agency relationships with AKDN agencies implementing SESEA
- Act as the focal point for coordination among agencies implementing the project, ensuring excellent inter-agency communication and joint implementation
- Ensure the PCU assesses, analyses, synthesises and articulates lessons learnt, challenges, and risks emerging from the project; and feeds these back into project planning and implementation
- Ensure PCU fulfills its function as the secretariat to SESEA governance bodies by overseeing coordination, implementation and tracking of Education baseline and endline surveys, as well as development, implementation and tracking of Monitoring and Evaluation systems in all countries
- Oversee development, implementation and dissemination of SESEA’s research agenda
- Build relationships with relevant government ministries and stakeholders to engage them on key education issues.
- Travel regularly within SESEA focal countries
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as international development, economics, education, or social sciences
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar position with a project of similar scope and complexity, preferably in the education sector
- Experience with results-based management, grant management, financial management, project development and inception processes; and donor requirements and reporting processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines and produce results
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and superior analytical, organisational, interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Southern and Eastern Africa within a development context is desirable
- Experience with Canadian International Development Agency and other bilateral donors is desirable
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 31st January 2013, to the Regional Human Resource Manager, Aga Khan Foundation (East Africa) by e-mail to: email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.