Safaricom Limited Senior Transport Planning and Design Engineer Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Transport Planning and Design Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Transport and IP Engineering, the role holder is responsible for Modeling, Planning, design and optimization of reliable transport systems /networks in support of fixed and mobile backhaul requirements.
- Planning, design and optimization of transport network to support Mobile and fixed backhaul requirements;
- Capacity Management and Forecasting;
- Quality assurance and Initiatives;
- Database managements and process improvements;
- Running of trials and subsequent recommendations for approval.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics ,Telecommunication Engineering or related field;
- 5 years’ experience with 3 years specialized role in a busy telecommunications environment –Involved in planning design, installations /commissioning and maintenance in the transport field;
- In-depth understanding of fibre infrastructure deployment life cycle;
- Excellent communication and motivational skills in line with the management of a multi skilled team;
- Knowledge in transport/data communication planning design and optimization tools;
- Excellent IP working knowledge with at least CCNA certification;
- Computer literate;
- Analytical skills;
- Attention to details;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills;
- Project management and business cases development;
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Monday 14th January, 2013.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org