M-KOPA Senior Data Analyst Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
M-KOPA Kenya Ltd is a new company using mobile payments to provide “pay as you go” solar energy services.
Successful applicants for this role should have a strong quantitative analysis background, possibly in the banking or insurance industries.
Reporting to: Director of Finance, lead a team on the analysis of M-KOPA’s MIS data.
Manage a small team responsible for the analysis of data coming from M-KOPAs MIS system:
- Develop models for the analysis of payment and usage behavior of customers, segmented by geography.
- Analyze the relationship between M-PESA usage and payment history of customers and long-term credit quality.
- Analyze the efficiency of M-KOPAs call center operation.
- Analyze the production levels of M-KOPAs dealer network, and develop models to predict future demand based on customer locations.
- Automate routine analysis using report schedulers and macros in M-KOPAs proprietary MIS, Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Design and produce automated exception reports for technical issues and payment anomalies.
- Produce and deliver succinct reports for M-KOPA management and partners.
- A relevant qualification mathematics/statistics (minimum bachelors degree, masters a plus)
- Very strong analytical and statistical skills, and application of these skills in a fast-paced business environment.
- Experience managing a team of data analysts.
- Experience analyzing large sets of raw data and developing statistical models.
- Experience developing key findings and recommendations from data analysis, and delivering these clearly in written reports and verbal presentations.
- Fluent in Excel including statistical functions. VBA experience a plus.
- Fluent in relational database software such as Microsoft Access.
- Excellent spoken and written English