Jacaranda Health Sales and Marketing Manager Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Sales and Marketing Manager
Location: Nairobi, KenyaJob Type: Full time employee, Management
Jacaranda Health aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. Our ambition is to become the largest chain of maternity clinics in the region, and a leader in innovation in maternal health services.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable and friendly maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We are running mobile clinics, have launched our first maternity hospital, and plan for rapid expansion within Nairobi and beyond.
Please visit www.jacarandahealth.orgfor more details.Job Description
We are looking for a seasoned Sales and Marketing Manager to join our team and create the demand to fuel our growth.
These responsibilities include sales, marketing, partnerships, and wider business development, as part of the Jacaranda Health management team.
Jacaranda Health is a start-up organization in the early days of its growth.
This role will require spending substantial time in the communities in which we operate, recruiting customers personally as well as overseeing our community mobilizers and sales reps.
The candidate we seek has experience designing and executing sales and marketing efforts.
He/she has recruited and trained high performance teams, negotiated high level partnerships, continually outperformed sales targets and developed and executed marketing campaigns.
He/she is able to track numbers to evaluate marketing efforts and enjoys working in the field and building success one customer at a time.
Above all, this person must be a passionate believer in our vision and devoted to improving global maternal healthcare.Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing Jacaranda’s vision to become one of the fastest growing health care organizations in the history of East Africa
- Generating client traffic in our facilities and hitting aggressive sales targets
- Building a high performance sales and marketing organization, primarily consisting of community health workers
- Collecting feedback from customers, encouraging them to invite others, and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Establishing a culture that is continually testing new concepts for sales and marketing in a rapid way
- Establishing and growing demand-side partnerships
- Managing suppliers, designers, consultants and other marketing resources
- Developing and implementing a clear, innovative and creative marketing and sales strategy
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field
- 5+ years of management experience in sales, marketing, or business development
- Preference given to experience in marketing to lower-income communities and marketing services versus products
- Hands-on approach to getting things done with strong worth ethic and a sense of urgency in solving problems
- Can manage many tasks with a high level of independence
- Strong computer and office skills. Must be able to design and execute partnership agreements, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Swahili
- Fervent passion for improving the health and well-being of all mothers and children in East Africa
- Loves people. You must be outgoing, friendly and able to relate to people well, including expectant mothers
- Must be a strategic thinker and a person who takes initiative
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. Completing the online form available by clicking here: Marketing Manager Application Form – Jan 2013 or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/EOS0V
2. Submitting the current resume’ and cover letter to email@example.com.Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered.
No calls please.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
Preference will be given to applications submitted by January 30th, 2013.