Construction Company Plant and Equipment Engineer / Manager Jobs in Kenya 2013
Main purpose of the job
Field of Responsibility
- Overall supervision of the Plant and equipment department to ensure efficient and effective delivery;
- Implement overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs on a regular basis;
- Examine the condition of existing machinery and equipments on a regular basis and deciding maintenance needs as required;
- Spotting and solving problems in equipment and vehicles;
- Plan and provide a list of tasks and schedules for the department on a regular basis;
- Planning and scheduling maintenance and servicing of all machinery and vehicles;
- Overseeing the work of maintenance technicians/mechanics ensuring that maintenance works is done with quality in mind;
- Supervise Plant and equipment engineer, drivers at HO and mechanics on Site to ensure performance and timely resolution of issues;
- Preparing maintenance budgets;
- Ensure vendor maintenance and repair manuals are kept current and filed properly;
- Ensuring that safety standards are maintained in the plant, equipment and vehicle operations at all times;
- Coordinating of the disposal of obsolete equipment;
- Implementation and enforcement of company policies related to Asset /equipment management;
- Design and establish an efficient system to monitor and control fuel consumption for all company vehicles and equipments;
- Allocating tasks to mechanics as per schedule;
- Administer the stock control and inventory management function;
- Keep organized records of all maintenance works
- Work in collaboration with the Technical team and Site Agents to make sure that equipment operates at peak conditions every time.
- Review suppliers of plant and equipment and maintain a database of suppliers.
- Maintain a database on all equipments and vehicles
- Regular tracking of movement of all equipments
- Provide timely legal documentation as required.
- To advice the management on transport and equipment issues
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum – Diploma in plant engineering or related field
- At least 5 years experience in fleet and equipment management, and hands on experience in Logistics and procurement.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent negotiation, ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Applications without the minimum requirements will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates with be communicated to.