YWCA Kenya Internal Auditor Job Vacancy (Nairobi) Kenya 2013
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business management from a recognized university
- CPA(K), Member of ICPAK
- Minimum four(4) years post qualification experience as an internal auditor
- Computer literacy and a good working knowledge of accounting packages and financial systems.
- CISA of CIA qualification is an added advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to pay attention to deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of the roles and functions of the internal audit department
- Good personal Judgment, initiative, creativity and maturity
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other controls (both existing and proposed) to promote effective and efficient internal controls at all YWCA Branches
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and carry out spot checks at all YWCA Branches
- Ascertaining the level of compliance with established policies, plans and procedures
- Carry out special audits or investigations at any YWCA Branch as may be required from time to time
- Follow up outstanding issues to ensure appropriate corrective actions after external audits
- Review periodic management accounts and reconciliations, debtor statement reconciliations for accuracy and completeness.
- Develop and implement relevant audit programmes and test
- Leading discussions on Internal Audit and Risk recommendations and agreed remedial actions and plans at audit Committee meetings
- Ensure the assets of the organization are safeguarded by assessing and improving security control.
- Carry out physical verification of assets
- Review the fixed assets register for completeness and accuracy and obtain explanations for variances noted between book values and physical values.
- Participate in the budget process and prepare internal audit report
- Must be a committed Christian, honest and hardworking, able to stand above denominational diversities;
- Perform other duties as required.
- 1 year renewable contract as per YWCA scheme of service.
- Probation period for the first 3 months.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Current CV, with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Attach three reference letters (including one from current or most recent employer/supervisor)
- Copies of Certificates or transcripts
The National General Secretary
Young women Christian Association,
P.O. Box 40710 00-100,
or e-mail to email@example.com
YWCA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including, application, interview meeting and processing of offer letter.