YWCA Kenya Chief Accountant Jobs Vacancy (Nairobi) 2013
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Reporting: National General Secretary (CEO)
Purpose of the Job: Responsible for organizations Financial management and Strategic direction on Financial matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the day to-day running of the Accounting departments.
- Ensures that the policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure Insurance for all the organization assets.
- Cash flow analysis and management.
- Ensure compliance with statutory deductions and payments are made to relevant authorities within deadlines.
- Compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly, quarterly, midyear and annual accounts.
- Coordinate the preparation of Annual Budget for the Association.
- Assist in identifying investment opportunities for the Association
- Ensure donor reports are timely and accurate, Ensuring effective utilization of approved donor funds
- Ensure that all financial records are well maintained
- Signatory to the Bank Accounts.
- Supervision of staff in the department.
- Shall be responsible for Organizing for the Finance Committee and Finance Meetings as per schedule
- Oversee the implementation of the accounting software.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree ( Finance Option / Accounting/ Business Administration ) with CPA III or other equivalent qualification; MBA an added advantage
- At least4 years relevant working experience in a senior management position; experience with NGO implementing Community development programmes and Operating income generating facilities an added an advantage
- Committed Christian 30 years and above
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of word processing, spread sheets and accounting packages preferably pastel
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Self motivated, honest, reliable, innovative with business acumen
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Able to develop unit budgets and maintain control measures for efficiency
- 2 year renewable contract as per YWCA scheme of service.
- Probation period for the first 3 months.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Current CV, with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Attach three reference letters (including one from current or most recent employer/supervisor)
- Copies of Certificates or transcripts
Young women Christian Association,
P.O. Box 40710 00-100,
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
YWCA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including, application, interview meeting and processing of offer letter.