Omega Foundation Project Coordinator Jobs in Homa Bay Kenya 2013
Reports To:Program Manager with specific functional relationship with the CEO
Location: Homa Bay
Closing Date: 15th January, 2013
Omega Foundation is seeking to recruit a Project Coordinator to perform the functions outlined below.
Main Purpose and Scope
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assess the training needs of staff and develop a training programme to meet these needs;
- Liaise, accordingly with the Ministry of Health, Private sectors and other agencies ensure appropriate provision of services and use of resources;
- Supervise the implementation process and in accordance with the deadlines based on plans and timeliness of the projects
- Support in supervision and provision for efficient use of the financial resources of Omega Foundation Programs.
- Co-ordinate preparation of timely periodical reports and present monthly, quarterly and any other required reports of the project to the Program Manager in accordance to the set donor guidelines and approved organizational policies.
- Provide lead in Preparing suggestions, plans and other documents that results to enhanced strategy in the framework of the HIV/AIDs project.
- Coordinate timely request for funds and any other materials/equipment for programs.
- Identify and enhance networking and collaboration in the HIV and AIDs field.
- Support in Lobbying/Advocacy and Promote gender mainstreaming in the project.
- Supervise the project Officers
- Mobilize resources; specifically write proposals for the purpose of HIV and AID Project
- Provide quality representation of Omega Foundation in the County’s stakeholder’s forums/meetings.
- Mentor, capacity build and impart up-to-date skills to support group members and individual clients in HIV/AIDS program result areas
- Directly work with MoH to support target groups increase access to HIV/AIDS services, health education, life skills and literacy initiatives that ultimately contribute to mitigating the impacts of HIV/AIDS
- Bachelors’ degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Development studies.
- At least three years of experience in community development preferably in the interface of community work and Ministry of Health.
- Knowledge and experience with NGO operations and understanding of MOH structures and Community Health Strategy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and Use of computer (Ms Office).
- Versed knowledge and skills in the M&E
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team is essential.
- Project management, organizational, coordination and facilitation skills
- High level advocacy, Communication and Negotiation skills
- High level of integrity and accountability, self-motivation and initiative
- Open to new and Innovative ideas, commitment to excellence and achievement of results
- Sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse organization
- Applicants MUST quote current and expected salary.
- One year contract – renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 3246-40100,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.