Omega Foundation HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) Counselors Jobs in Homa Bay Kenya 2013
Job Title: HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) Counselor
Location: Homa Bay
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Closing Date: 15th January, 2013
Number of positions: 2
Main Purpose and Scope
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide HIV testing and counseling services to couples and individual clients at static and mobile sites.
- Actively participate in condom promotion and distribution including refilling of condom dispensers.
- Participate actively and offer support required during National HTC – RRI campaigns.
- Maintain provider – client confidentiality at all times as per the National counseling code of ethics
- Ensure and monitor appropriate referral of clients to care and support services
- Follow – up on sero – positive clients referred for care & treatment to ensure successful access / linkage to care & treatment.
- Maintain appropriate IEC materials/resources necessary for the HTC providers and community at large.
- Regularly attend support supervision in accordance with the minimal requirements of the National guidelines for HTC.
- Conduct Quality Assurance / Quality Control activities as per National guidelines in all testing sites i.e. Proficiency Testing & DBS.
- Ensure quality, authentic and accurate HIV activities records are maintained and kept.
- Compile and submit timely and accurate reports to M&E Officer as per deadlines provided and agreed to.
- Actively participate in community mobilization, awareness, sensitization and promotion for Evidence Based Interventions (EBI’s) at individual, family and community levels.
- Any other duties as may be directed by supervisor.
- Must be a NASCOP / Liverpool VCT trained HTC Counselor
- Trained / experienced in HTC QA / QC
- Training in any other HIV prevention intervention is an added advantage.
- Willing and ready to work in remote / interior regions of Homa Bay County.
- Experience in HIV Counseling and Testing
- At least two years experience in community work in Homa Bay
- Experience in working with CBOs/FBOs/NGO’s is and added advantage
- Fluency in Dholuo language will be an added advantage
- Team player.
- Applicants MUST quote current and expected salary.
- One year contract – renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 3246-40100,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.