Construction Company Site Engineer Jobs in Kenya 2013
Main Purpose of the Job
Field of Responsibilities
- Site Supervision by ensuring work is done as per requirements and the personnel do the right jobs;
- Ensure equipment and construction materials are in line with what is needed;
- Ensure that production is in line with methodology and standard laid down;
- Acts as the contact person between contractors and the clients’ site representatives i.e resident engineers;
- Responsible for the preparation of the programme of works and necessary approvals in line with this;
- Plan daily activities for site workers based on the interpretation of the programme of works;
- Consult with the resident engineer on necessary changes in design as they arise;
- Communicate feedback from the Resident Engineers, Consultant and other project inspectors to Management and implements where necessary;
- Prepares weekly budgets for site and requisitions for materials and equipment required from Head office based on importance and urgency or as per program of works;
- Responsible for overall health and safety in the site;
- Oversee and enforce progress of the project;
- Prepares and presents monthly progress reports ;
- Represent Lee Construction in site and technical meetings;
- Interacts with community on behalf of Lee Construction;
- Overall supervision of all site staff and operations;
- Organises training for site employees; and
- Make the necessary decisions needed in the project within the Project Scope (Any matters outside the project scope should be to approval of the GM Technical/Managing Director).
- B.Sc. Engineering (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Environmental or equivalent) and Masters Degree in Business or equivalent.
- Registered as a full professional Engineer with relevant technical professional body.
- At least ten years relevant experience with at least 5 years served in a senior position
- Computer skills – MS Office, AutoCAD etc.
- Registered Engineer preferred.
Applications without the minimum requirements will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates with be communicated to.