Construction Company Site Engineer Jobs in Kenya 2013
A well established construction company with Projects in various parts of the country wishes to recruit a qualified engineer for the position of Site Engineer.
The successful candidate, based in Project Sites, will work in liaison with the Technical team with respect to the Site projects to ensure proper implementation of project related activities and programmes.
Main Purpose of the Job
Overall responsibility of the project;
To manage the site and coordinate activities in the site so as to successfully complete the project on time and hand it over to the client.
Overall supervision of workers, equipment and materials in the building site
Field of Responsibilities
- Site Supervision by ensuring work is done as per requirements and the personnel do the right jobs;
- Ensure equipment and construction materials are in line with what is needed;
- Ensure that production is in line with methodology and standard laid down;
- Acts as the contact person between contractors and the clients’ site representatives i.e resident engineers;
- Responsible for the preparation of the programme of works and necessary approvals in line with this;
- Plan daily activities for site workers based on the interpretation of the programme of works;
- Consult with the resident engineer on necessary changes in design as they arise;
- Communicate feedback from the Resident Engineers, Consultant and other project inspectors to Management and implements where necessary;
- Prepares weekly budgets for site and requisitions for materials and equipment required from Head office based on importance and urgency or as per program of works;
- Responsible for overall health and safety in the site;
- Oversee and enforce progress of the project;
- Prepares and presents monthly progress reports ;
- Represent Lee Construction in site and technical meetings;
- Interacts with community on behalf of Lee Construction;
- Overall supervision of all site staff and operations;
- Organises training for site employees; and
- Make the necessary decisions needed in the project within the Project Scope (Any matters outside the project scope should be to approval of the GM Technical/Managing Director).
- B.Sc. Engineering (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Environmental or equivalent) and Masters Degree in Business or equivalent.
- Registered as a full professional Engineer with relevant technical professional body.
- At least ten years relevant experience with at least 5 years served in a senior position
- Computer skills – MS Office, AutoCAD etc.
- Registered Engineer preferred.
Send your application letter and a detailed CV INDICATING current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th January 2013.
Applications without the minimum requirements will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates with be communicated to.