Living Goods Training and Monitoring Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Living Goods Training and Monitoring Manager – Kenya
A Business that Changes Lives… Including Yours
What is Living Goods?
Do you want your work to matter? Are you just looking for a change, or are you looking for the chance to changes millions of lives for the better, including yours? If your answer is ‘yes’, read on.
At Living Goods we believe the poor deserve better health, a better deal, and a chance at a better life.
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth, and selling low-cost, life-changing products like essential medicines, fortified foods, money-saving cook stoves, and solar lights.
Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro entrepreneurs who leverage LG’s brand, buying power and powerful mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products, at accessible prices, to the people who need them most.
By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health and wealth of the world’s poor.
Living Goods is expanding into Kenya in 2013 with the goal of building a national network of high-impact entrepreneurs. We are recruiting a full new team to lead this effort and one of the key positions is Training and Monitoring Manager.
The Training and Monitoring Manager will oversee innovation, planning and measurement of Living Goods Training and Monitoring objectives around improving health and economic outcomes for our customers and agents.
Success in the this role means innovating new tools and strategies for improving social outcomes, effectively training field staff and agents in simple but powerful ways to improve family health and livelihoods, and accurately measuring, monitoring and analyzing results to drive improvements in the Living Goods model.
LG believes strongly, and invests heavily, in using the smartest mobile technology for both driving and measuring impact. Living Goods is a fast-paced, mission-driven and business-minded organization.
This is your chance to join and shape a successful fast growing, multi-national organization at a time of exceptional opportunities for professional growth.
Training and Monitoring Manager Responsibilities
- Innovate in Social Impact Delivery: Create and test innovative approaches for helping LG sales agents to improve health and economic impacts for struggling families.
- Oversee Training: Oversee training of branch staff and Living Goods agents in community health, basic entrepreneurship, door to door sales and use of innovative mobile tools.
- Manage Monitoring and Quality Control: Employ a range of effective tools, including mobile, for measuring social impacts, and ensuring program quality. Assist in the implementation of best practice external evaluations. Analyze monitoring and evaluation data to deliver insights for improving impact.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in one or more of the following: monitoring and evaluation of social programs – experience with mobile data collection a plus; community health training; consumer research; micro enterprise program delivery.
- Strong math and analytical skills. Well versed in MS Excel.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- College degree preferred.
The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and requires in country travel 20-50% of most months.
- A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health, vacation, and bonus opportunity.
- The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for others.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make game-changing, landscape-shifting changes that dramatically improve the lives of the poor. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At LG, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will be happy at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
Living Goods head office sits in California, USA where some of the most successful companies in the world were born – including Facebook, Apple, Yahoo, and Google.
Living Goods is financed by some of the most successful business people and investors in world including the founder of eBay – an $11 billion global platform that empowers millions of small businesses around the world.
How to Apply
Please submit a single file with resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and how you learned of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please type “Kenya Training and Monitoring Manager – [Last Name]” in the subject line.
New opportunities at Living Goods get filled quickly.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us on twitter at @Living_Goods