Living Goods Business Manager Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Living Goods Kenya Business Manager
A Business that Changes Lives… Including Yours
Do you have serious business skills and want to use them to make a difference not just make a living? Are you just looking for a change, or are you looking for the chance to changes millions of lives for the better, including yours? If your answer is ‘yes’, read on.
At Living Goods we believe the poor deserve better health, a better deal, and a chance at a better life.
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth, and selling low-cost, life-changing products like essential medicines, fortified foods, money-saving cook stoves, and solar lights.
Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro entrepreneurs who leverage LG’s brand, buying power and powerful mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products, at accessible prices, to the people who need them most.
By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health and wealth of the world’s poor.
Living Goods is expanding into Kenya in 2013 with the goal of building a national network of high-impact entrepreneurs. We are recruiting a full new team to lead this effort and one of the most important positions is Country Business Manager.
The Business Manager will lead the effort to recruit and support a network of thousands of independent agents supported through a backbone of regional distribution hubs. Living Goods is a fast-paced, mission-driven and business-minded organization. We are particularly looking for candidates with strong experience managing sales teams in consumer goods.
This is your chance to join and shape a successful fast growing, multi-national organization at a time of exceptional opportunities for professional growth.
Kenya Business Manager Responsibilities
- Build National Sales Force: Oversee recruitment of agents and all field activities including sales and marketing, distribution, and finance.
- Build and Support Field Team: Recruit, train, motivate and mentor all Branch Managers and ensure they are supported to achieve success.
- Innovation: Generate and deploy innovative tests and promotions that have the opportunity to significantly improve profitability and human impacts.
- Master Mobile Tools: Optimize the use of the mobile communications platform to drive sales, deepen impacts, reduce costs, and increase profitability.
This position is based in Nairobi with up to 40% travel time within Kenya.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in sales and sales force management, preferably in consumer packaged goods. Proven track record of driving sales success.
- Experience recruiting, managing and motivating large teams.
- Strong math and financial skills. Well versed in MS Excel.
- Able to travel in country 30-50% of the month.
- College degree preferred.
- A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health, vacation, and bonus opportunity.
- The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for others.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make game-changing, landscape-shifting changes that dramatically improve the lives of the poor.
We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At LG, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will be happy at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
Living Goods head office sits in California, USA where some of the most successful companies in the world were born – including Facebook, Apple, Yahoo, and Google.
Living Goods is financed by some of the most successful business people and investors in world including the founder of eBay – an $11 billion global platform that empowers millions of small businesses around the world.
How to Apply
Please submit a single file with resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and how you learned of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Kenya Business Manager – [Last Name]” in the subject line.
New opportunities at Living Goods fill quickly.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us on twitter at @Living_Goods