IIRR Reproductive Health Project Officer Jobs in Western Equatoria State, South Sudan 2013
Reproductive Health Project Officer
To Be Based in Western Equatoria State, South Sudan
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- At country level, Coordinate assessments, planning, implementation and evaluation of innovative RH interventions in community settings
- Developing culturally-appropriate SRHR education materials
- Ensure that IIRR SRHR program is working to improve quality and scale up of RH services including support for postnatal contraception counseling particularly for youths (female and male)
- Plan and prepare proposals for potential program/donor funding and/or contribute to health program proposal development as well as budgeting.
- Conduct situational analysis on unmet needs in Reproductive Health particularly amongst vulnerable youth and women in targeted communities and work with the rest of the health team to design and implement innovation approaches to address these.
- Mobilize the target communities and help create/strengthen CBOs relevant for the promotion and provision of SRHR products and services.
- Ensure that all RH Documentation of best practices.
- Ensure that there is community advocacy mobilization being conducted by partners to support the uptake of RH services
- Ensure planning and preparation of monthly and quarterly activities and reports
- A first degree in and with experience in public health, health education, communications, behavioral or social sciences, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience desired in areas of public health, sexual health, or sexuality.
- Experience in planning, providing and coordinating sexual and reproductive health projects and trainings a plus
- Experience working in both hospital and community settings is an advantage;
- Prior experience working in the project target areas is a plus
- Knowledge of the local language in the project area is a plus
- Excellent written & oral communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent rapport building, networking and relationship management experience.
- Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships internally & externally.
- Entrepreneurial drive, passion, and ability to help share the organization’s marketing strategy.
- Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard;
- Must be a team player and demonstrate leadership skills;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently and observe confidentiality.
- Manage own tasks and priorities effectively and with minimal supervision.
- The incumbent may have to work odd and/or long hours at a time to complete special requests for projects.
- Commitment to the realization of team goals, objectives and targets.
Closing date for applications is 4th January 2013 before 5pm to:
Human Resources and Administration Officer,
International Institute for Rural Reconstruction,
Africa Regional Center,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.