IIRR Business Development Officer Jobs in Juba, South Sudan 2013
Business Development Officer
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Promoting IIRR services and products in Sudan: – IIRR provide various capacity building services in the Region:- Organize and conduct international, Regional and National level trainings in various areas, design and facilitate customized documentations courses, and advisory and consultancy services. It is the key role of this position to promote these services and products to potential needy organizations/offices in South Sudan using various forums, opportunities and marketing strategies.
- Based on the country business plan (2011-2015) and in consultation with the country program Manager, develop new programs/projects (collect relevant and up-to-date data/information, write concept notes, proposals) in isolation or by joining potential consortium and mobilize resources from potential donors. If funding is secured, actively engage in the proper implementation.
- Serve as information source for the Africa Regional Center with regard to South Sudan. Regularly update the regional office about the progresses made, challenges encountered and measures taken through monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Follow up and monitor the day to day implementation of IIRR projects in South Sudan. Make corrective actions, if needed, in consultation with the country program Manager.
- Develop funding proposals and resource mobilization in IIRR S. Sudan program areas of Agriculture and Value Chain development, Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation and in Education.
- Develop or strengthen the Business Development tools/methods and ensure their effective use for promoting IIRR products and services in South Sudan and in the Region.
- Lead or participate in Applied Learning assignments (based on competence) such as Value Chain development, DRR, Climate Change Adaptation, Watershed Management etc
- Developing responses to TORs, designing program materials, delivery of assignment and reporting.
- Review the current Applied Learning Strategy and come up with simple and clear plan with specific action for its implementation
- Work with Applied Learning teams to improve on our services for our client’s satisfaction.
- Work with IIRR global communications team to effectively use the IIRR website and social media to effectively market IIRR products and services.
- Maintain effective external relations with partner Agencies, National and Government officials, Media and General public
- Secure adequate funding from Applied Learning to boost country program revenues
- Ensure all Applied Learning reports are of high standard and submitted on time
- Coordinate comprehensive and systematic documentation of lessons, best practices and ensure sharing the same for the promotion of IIRR
- Supervise and guide the Applied Learning team in South Sudan.
- Initiative customized trainings, technical consultancies, publications and study missions are stepped up.
- Establish net work of alumni and IIRR friends to help in promoting the various services of IIRR.
- Conduct periodic market survey (formal and informal) and Gather feedback to inform IIRR management to make necessary adjustments.
- Set up marketing and promotion/involvement systems and recruitment targets with all program staff and monitor its implementation.
- Liaison IIRR office with relevant government offices and make sure that the office is compliant to the rules and regulations of the country.
- Together with the Country Program Manager and in consultation with Regional Human Resource and Finance Departments, develop a simple and practical human resource and financial management systems.
- Collect, compile, document and keep financial, HR and admin related documents.
- Prepare and submit simple but informative HR, admin and finance report to the regional office (on quarterly basis).
- Make sure the resources of the Institute (finance, books, and office equipments) are used according to the policy of the organization (transparent, formal, and accountable way).
- Facilitate and process travel and accommodation related issues (travel permit, visa, immigration office registration etc) for IIRR staff and partners.
- Follow up and ensure the smooth and day to day operation of the office in consultation with IIRR regional office and partners
- A postgraduate degree preferably in Education, Community Development studies, management or other relevant field, with at least 3 years progressive experience including in senior management.
- At least 3 years experience in a training or development organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Commitment to the realization of team goals/results/targets.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to beat deadlines.
- Competent in the use of email, Internet and computer packages such as Microsoft word, power point and excel.
- Skills in facilitation of adult learning
- Excellent written & oral communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent rapport building, networking and relationship management experience.
- Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships internally & externally.
- Entrepreneurial drive, passion, and ability to help share the organization’s marketing strategy.
- Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard;
- Must be a team player and demonstrate leadership skills;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently and observe confidentiality.
- Manage own tasks and priorities effectively and with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates (South Sudanese Nationals and International) are to apply by email with an up to date CV and cover letter including contacts of 3 referees and current remuneration package.
Human Resources and Administration Officer,
International Institute for Rural Reconstruction,
Africa Regional Center,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.