Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) www.iebc.or.ke/careers County Campaign Monitor Jobs in Kenya 2013 47 Posts
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC)
Your Vote, Your Future
Office of the Registrar of Political Parties
County Campaign Monitor (CCM) – 47 Posts
Duties and responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be administratively answerable to the IEBC Regional Elections Coordinator (REC) and his/her duties will include:-
- Monitoring existence of political parties’ offices and relevant records at the county level;
- Coordinating sensitization of political parties at the county level;
- Monitoring engagement of political parties in illegal activities including violence and bribery during campaigns;
- Monitoring political parties’ internal nominations;
- Coordinating training of political parties’ candidates and agents;
- Monitoring compliance with the Political Parties Code of Conduct;
- Monitoring compliance with provisions of the Political Parties Act;
- Ensuring that no public officer is an official of a political party;
- Monitoring use of public resources by political parties during campaigns.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and at least three (3) years working experience;
- Be Kenyan citizen;
- Have analytical skills;
- Be competent in report writing;
- Previous experience in electoral and political parties reforms will be an added advantage;
- Be ready and willing to work anywhere in Kenya.
- Terms of employment
CCM will be contracted:
For a duration of three (3) months;
For a wage of Kshs. 3,000 per day, all inclusive;
No other benefits or allowances will be paid during the contract period.
NB: Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of theCommission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or
interfering with the functions of the Commission in discharging its duty.
Applicants should fill the online form provided on the Commission website www.iebc.or.ke/careers
Applications must be received on or before 3rd January, 2013.
IEBC is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.
O. J.H Oswago
CEO / Commission Secretary