Wholesale Telecommunications Infrastructure Provider Procurement Manager Job in Kenya 2013
A leading multi-national company in the Wholesale Telecommunications Infrastructure provision market, who provide a focused range of services, in the East and Central African region, delivering sustainable value to customers, is looking to fill the role of Procurement Manager.
This role will report to the Chief Finance Officer and will supervise two direct reports.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to manage the procurement process on projects and day to day operations, consistent with the internal requirements based on corporate & group policy, best practices.
The incumbent will be charged with developing & building long term relationships with vendors & vendor evaluation.
While ensuring there is cost savings on procurement of goods and services.
- Clarifies team purpose and goals; builds team commitment and strengthens team’s collective skills and work approach, oversees operational budget, and is accountable for team and individual performance.
- Driving cost efficiencies across functions, developing and building long term relationship with vendors, vendor evaluation & selection, resolution of delivery & billing problems.
- Overall responsibility for the procurement process on project, day-to-day operations of the company & regional offices
- Recommend & establish procurement strategy and detailed procedures consistent with corporate and group policy, project requirement and best practices legal and ethical.
- Developing commercial principles for contracts limited to procurement strategy, commercial strategy, evaluation strategy, negotiation strategy, contract management strategy and exit strategy
- Approval of purchase orders, ensure proper consummation of all purchases, agreements and contracts relating to procurement of goods and services.
- Assemble contract documentation, including technological components, provided by the project team
- Ensure that accurate plans, risk and issues with logistics and customs clearances for various items imported for the company and exemptions facilitations
- Liaise with clearing agents for timely clearance of goods
- In coordination with departmental representatives, is responsible for ensuring that appropriate authorizations and documentation are obtained for procurement activities & capital expenditure requests.
- Review and submission of monthly management reports on a timely basis as is required.
- Management of the organizations vehicle fleet
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure processing of all purchase orders a period not exceeding 3 working days.
- Quarterly team performance evaluations
- Customs clearance of goods a period not exceeding 5 working days.
- Weekly importation update report to management by Friday COB.
- Monthly procurement activities report to management by the 5th of every month. To include company vehicles, insurance claims & purchase orders.
- Cost efficiencies & savings as per operational budget & on procurement of goods and services.
- Adherence to the procurement procedure guideline
- Manage and motivate two direct reports
- Minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience in procurement management services
- B.Commerce Graduate Degree
- Professional Certification (CIPS)
- Negotiation & Supplier Management Certification
- Previous Team/People management experience
- Ability to use computers accounting packages; MS Office products, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.
- MS Excel skills and ability to create financial models
- An undergraduate degree in engineering is desirable. MBA degree and/or accounting qualification is also desirable.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities related to Admin management, and performance evaluation, monitoring of transactions and reporting.
- Prior experience with office automation and ERPs Software is desirable
- Effectively communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complexities and remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail; with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and focuses on result for HR and Administration clients.
- A strong commitment to excellence and high standards of integrity, professionalism, loyalty, honest, respect, open mindedness, open communication and business ethics is required.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 07th January 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more vacancies visit our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke.