Save the Children Finance Capacity Building Specialist Job in Kenya 2013
Save the Children East Africa Regional Office (EARO) is looking to recruit a Finance Capacity Building Specialist
This position carries the critical regional responsibility of building the capacity of and training country office finance and non-finance staff to help them deliver on their ‘empowered’ mandate.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Finance capacity building
- Staff development
Key Selection Criteria
- Degree in finance/accounting, as well as professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA)
- Minimum 3 years experience in finance function and/or training environment
- Knowledge and experience in the completion of capacity needs assessments
- Experienced trainer with track record of training delivery in a complex global organisation
- Knowledge of principles and methods of curriculum and training design, adult learning theories, and the measurement of training effectiveness
- Extremely good documentation and communication skills along with good presentation, and participatory facilitation skills
- Willingness to undertake significant amounts of travel to the country offices for training, support and capacity building purposes
- Experience of working in a NGO and/or developing countries is highly desirable
- Commitment to Save the Children values
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter to EA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes Friday 04 January 2013 at 5:00pm, Nairobi time.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts.
All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.