Old Mutual Deputy Managing Director Job in Kenya 2013
Deputy Managing Director
Old Mutual Pic. is a leading multinational Long-term savings, protection and investment Group with over 167 years of experience.
It has operations in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia, supported by over 54,000 employees.
In the year ended 31 December 201 1 , Old Mutual Pic. had £267 billion of funds under management, from core operations.
Old Mutual pic. is Listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges, among others.
Old Mutual in Kenya comprises of Old Mutual Life Assurance, Old Mutual Asset Managers, Old Mutual Investment Services and Old Mutual Securities Limited.
Our vision is to be our Customers’ most trusted partner, passionate about helping them achieve their lifetime financial goals.
Our mission; through understanding and meeting our customers’ needs, we will profitably expand our market for wealth accumulation and protection in East Africa.
Despite our geographic and cultural diversity, we are bound together by our Group Values of Pushing beyond boundaries, Accountability, Respect and Integrity.
With the growth of our operations, Old Mutual in Kenya would Like to fill the vacant role of Deputy Managing Director.
This role is individually accountable for translating and implementing the overall leadership and vision set by the Managing Director and ensuring that the strategy of the business is implemented in alignment to the overall Group and Board strategy through the effective Leadership of the EXCO team.
- Takes co- responsibility for strategic direction of the overall Business, including all operational components of Finance, HR, Risk, IT, Programme Office and Compliance.
- Sets direction for the Business whilst taking accountability for the implementation of the Group Business Plan
- Drive profitability of the business (bottom line responsibility) as well as implementation of the Growth plans.
- Manage external relationships and other stakeholders.
- Manage risk and compliance
- Accountable for financial budgeting and planning
- Drive operational effectiveness
- Technical Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Control and Efficiency
- Accountability and Execution
- Thinking Skills
Minimum qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters in business related field
- A Minimum 10 year s relevant experience in a Senior Management role, in the financial services industry
- Professional qualification in Accounts, Actuarial, CFA etc. will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should submit their applications via email to email@example.com on or before 4th January 201 3.
The application should include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae Listing three professional references.
ONLY qualified short-listed candidates will be contacted.