Marie Stopes Community Engagement Coordinator Jobs in Kilifi Kenya 2013
Purpose of the role:
To support and lead community led initiatives and build the capacity of community health workers (CHWs) and Youth Peer Educators (YPEs) to deliver integrated sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services, information and community based distribution of family planning (FP) commodities under this project supported by the David and Lucille Packard Foundation
- Plan, coordinate and lead all community based and led initiatives under this project.
- Coordinate and manage a team of CHWs and YPEs. This coordination will include; selection and recruitment, regular team meetings, collection of monthly reports and monitoring and evaluation of community based activities.
- Develop and implement quarterly work plans to ensure smooth operation of community based initiatives.
- Coordinate mobilization initiatives for SRH services in MSK, public and private health facilities by the CHWs.
- Coordinate the distribution of IEC/BCC materials and family planning supplies through the CHWs and YPEs
- Foster linkages and build partnerships with community based agencies, key stakeholders, and partners.
- Establish strong community based referral networks and build the capacity of CHW and YPEs to act as referral agents to MSK, public and private health facilities.
- Two years NGO experience; experience in SRH would be an added advantage.
- Bachelors degree in community development, sociology or health.
- Proven track record of working with communities and understanding the GoK Community Strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of Ministry of Health core functions and systems.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills
People and Development Dept
Marie Stopes Kenya
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject as ‘Community Engagement Coordinator’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer