KEMRI / USAMRU Medical Engineering Technician Jobs in Kisumu Kenya 2013
USA Medical Research Unit
Kenya Medical Research Institute
KEMRI / USAMRU – K
“THE WALTER REED PROJECT”
Medical Engineering Technician
Open Date: 19/12/2012
No. of Positions: 1
Vacancy No: 006/2012
Position Description: Maintain all laboratory and clinical equipment at multiple sites in Kenya, to meet national and international standards, including repairs, installation, calibration, and routine maintenance needs.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Must be a holder of a Higher Diploma in Medical Engineering from a recognized medical training institution
- Must be registered with AMEK (Association of Medical Engineering of Kenya)
- Minimum three years experience with ultra-low freezers and other medical equipment/systems
- Technical experience in a research unit or hospital set-up
- Specific knowledge and experience in the maintenance of flow cytometer machine
- Must be able to carry out planned preventive maintenance, calibration, liaising with the manufactures for routine maintenance, trouble shooting and assisting new users of the flow cytometer machines.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP)
- Competency in general medical maintenance
Skills & Abilities:
- Understand the general operation, function, application, and safety requirements of health care equipments and systems; ability to diagnose technical faults and carry out repairs
- Ability to interpret electrical and electronic circuits
- Work accurately under time constraints and pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan and organize work, develop worksheets and keep records
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal working hours
- Basic computer skills
Terms of Employment: Yearly contracts, renewable as per KEMRI scheme of service; Probation period for the first 3 months.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Contact telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
Applications are due no later than 3rd January, 2013 to: -
Human Resource Manager,
“The Walter Reed Project”
P.O. Box 54-40100,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.