IRC Pharmacist Assistant Jobs vacancy in Kakuma 2013
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Pharmacist, the pharmacist assistant will be directly responsible for;
- Ensure quality pharmaceutical care, in conjunction with the pharmacist, by availing quality and efficacious drugs as approved by the pharmacy and poisons board.
- Maintaining a list of essential drugs customized for Kakuma, with clear re-order levels that should always be made available for use by beneficiaries.
- Keep accurate records of purchase, delivery, requisition supply and consumption of drugs, medical supplies, and equipment/stationary and hardware items in the main drug store and main hospital stores.
- Ensure that the hospital and clinics are supplied with the above mentioned items at the right time
- Prepare and submit regular inventory reports and requisition orders to the pharmacist in time to avoid unnecessary delays in the purchases and delivery of same items.
- Monitor drug consumption rates and keep accurate records of the same.
- Provide the clinicians with a weekly update on available drugs or those in short supply as well as advising them on substitutes
- To constantly review and identify drugs that may or may not be utilized in the main hospital pharmacy
- Ensure the clinic dispensing units have appropriate drugs management systems including record keeping.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the clinic dispensing unts, including spot checks on inventory.
- Conduct targeted refresher training to the hospital/ clinics pharmacy staff (incentive and national) including on job training and drug/supplies management systems. Submit brief post activity reports.
- Proactively engage in the implementation of pharmacy training courses targeting pharmacy assistants in the hospital and clinics.
- Supervise and ensure a robust inventory management system is in place in the main pharmacy store.
- Provide weekly feedback reports to the pharmacist.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Pharmacy from KMTC or any other reputable institution
- Possess a valid license from the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- At least two years experience working in a busy pharmacy unit.
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
Please apply on or before 2nd January, 2012
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.