Facilities Manager Jobs in Kenya 2013
Purpose of the role:
Manage full Facilities Scope for the organisation’s Kenya account
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning, coordinating and controlling all technical and facilities management activities
- Manages and controls general utilities and risks.
- Ensure compliance to all maintenance related issues as well as staff and contractors
- Ensure effective maintenance of plant, equipment and buildings
- Ensure effective functionality of the mailroom and staff
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and adherence to road traffic rules by staff
- Ensure effective and timeous execution of requests and in-house errands
- Work closely with security to ensure safe, secure and proper surveillance and related security aspects
- Continuous monitoring of security systems & procedures and update when necessary
- Ensure proper and reliable functioning of all fire, evacuation and sprinkler systems
- Ensure constant availability of air conditioning and attend to all maintenance and breakdowns relating to it.
- BMS to monitor and control building temperatures, fire system and lighting
- Continually identify potential cost savings on the Air Con operation to boost energy savings
- Manage all Service levels on site as to the organisation and Client Standard
- Manage HSE/Security on behalf of Client.
- Management of budget, supplier payments, client invoicing
- Manage client relationship
- Deliver monthly Operational report to client
- Deliver service that exceeds client KPI requirements
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Good management skills
- Good understanding of Electrical and Mechanical systems
- Facilities and/or Property Management
- Maintenance Management
- Project Management
- Management Development Programme
- Third party management
- 3 years experience in Facilities/Property Management, with at least 2 years at management level
- Willing and available to work after-hours and attend to call-outs as and when required
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001 & 14001
- Working knowledge of Critical Equipment (Generators, etc)
- Excellent experience and knowledge of OSH Act and on site experience
- Security Management
- Experience of site finances/budgets/cost savings, supplier payment and client billing or book keeping
- Good organisation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer and Team orientated
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Outlook
- Ability to prioritise and evaluate Client demands and drive closure of actions/issues
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received by 9th January 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for