Bank Tellers Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
A leading bank in Kenya is looking for young dynamic and results-oriented graduates to join their team as bank tellers.
- Accurately and efficiently make cash payments in a way that maximizes customer satisfaction, meeting daily transaction targets
- Preparing cash for repatriation
- Balance currency, coin, and cheques in cash drawers and calculate daily transactions
- Cash cheques and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive cheques and cash for deposit, verify amounts and authenticity of currency, and check accuracy of deposit slips. Examine cheques for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Post customers’ transactions in order to record transactions and issue duly stamped receipts for the same and ensure daily balancing
- Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
- Batching together all entries and filing them.
- Ensuring at close of the day the cash tallies to the system balances.
- Receiving of outward and in-house cheques
- First degree preferably in a business or finance related field
- KCSE mean grade C+ (plus), with a C+ (plus) in both Mathematics and English
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili language
- Preferably below 28 years of age
- Computer proficient
Other requirements specific to the role:
- High degree of integrity
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received by 9th January 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.