Centre for African Family Studies (CAFS) Call for Consultants in Nairobi Kenya 2013
CAFS Call for Consultants
The Centre for African Family Studies (CAFS) is an autonomous International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) dedicated to strengthening the capacity of organizations and individuals working in the field of health and development.
CAFS is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with country offices in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Abuja, Nigeria; and Lome, Togo.
CAFS portfolio comprises regional and country-specific training courses; technical assistance; research and evaluation; knowledge management and information dissemination; and conference design and coordination.
CAFS is a leading provider of consulting and advisory services in Reproductive Health, HIV&AIDS, and Population and Development.
We are seeking consultants with experience in conducting research; monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, baseline surveys, evaluations, training and management in the following thematic areas:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Education and curriculum development.
- Governance and leadership.
- Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strategic Planning
- At least 10 years experience in the particular thematic area with proven track record.
- Masters degree or PhD in related academic disciplines.
- Willingness to undertake assignments outside the country.
- Proven expertise and knowledge in development of winning proposals and work from donors and a network of contacts
- Strong research and M & E skills
- Proven ability to lead, manage and inspire a team of capable individuals to deliver a team agenda while meeting individual targets
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy /competencies
How to apply
Send an application letter together with a CV and names of three professional referees (one of whom must be the most recent client or supervisor) plus their day-time contacts to CAFS by email to: email@example.com to be received no later than 20th December 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.