Assistant Network Administrator Jobs at Orange Telkom in Kenya 2013
Job Title : Assistant Network Administrator
Company Orange Telkom
Department Business Market
Job Type Full-Time
Job Status Sourcing
Salary Range Per Month
Shift 8 AM to 5 PM
Minimum Education University – Undergraduate
No of Jobs 1
Minimum Exerience 3 Year
Job Duration Permanent
Start Publishing 06-12-2012
Stop Publishing 21-12-2012
• To provide support for network systems including problem determination and resolution and also ensure IT network uptimes and response to failure is within the defined KPIs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
• Installation of corporate LAN and MAN and WAN.
• Setup, configure and commission corporate LAN elements.
• Work with and Assist Office support team to solve Network Issues.
• Document implementation plans and procedure as validated by the Network Engineer and IT Infra and Systems Team Leader.
• Schedules and executes minor changes to the Enterprise network in consultation with the Network Engineer.
• Communicates with internal customers directly during problem resolution.
• Tests hardware and software for feature performance as well as compatibility with existing systems, hardware, software, and operating systems.
• Reviews customer requirements and participates in the development of network solutions to address requirements.
• Implements approved designed solutions to the standard guide.
• Provides support for complex network problem resolution.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree In IT or Computer Science
• At least 3 years in a job with related experience and preferably from a Telecommunications company.
• Desired Minimum certifications : Cisco CCNA
• Knowledge of network systems and operations especially CISCO Switching and Routing;
• Demonstrated expertise in data communications and Network cabling.
• Understanding of problem, change, performance, and service level management, from both an operations as well as a requirements perspective;
• understanding of how network applications such as Microsoft Exchange and other key Enterprise applications work at the protocol level
• Knowledge of fiber technologies is desirable
• Strong interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, strong analytical abilities, strong organizational and prioritization skills and strong customer service skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment;
• Ability to solve problems by considering available information, prioritizing and making timely decisions.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 21st December 2012