KEC Internal Auditor Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
The KEC- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Episcopal Conference implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
To evaluates all KEC internal controls, processes, policies and mechanisms to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate guidelines.
Reporting to the Secretary General.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal accounting and operating controls, governance and risk management processes within the Kenya Episcopal Conference.
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial information and the means used to identify, measure, classify and report such information
- Review the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets
- Assist in the implementation of recommendations from external audit and Keeps the Finance Commission Committee and Secretary General informed of the results of the audit and risk associated with Kenya Episcopal Conference activities and services.
- Evaluate any plans or actions taken to correct reported conditions for satisfactory disposition of audit findings
- Establish quarterly audit plan and audit programs.
- Follow-up on audit findings for the organization and Institutions for implementation of recommendations and make sure that adequate corrective action is taken and that it is effective.
- Takes responsibility for coordinating external audit processes to completion.
- Advises Senior Management on new developments that affect control and provides solution in a proactive manner
- Perform other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, Participate in the systems to determine whether a. Adequate controls are incorporated in the systems; b. Thorough system testing is performed at appropriate stages; c. System documentation is complete and accurate
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting/Finance or a business related degree; An MBA degree would be of advantage.
- CPA Finalist, ACCA or equivalent. CIA, CISA qualification and/or membership to a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, honesty, dynamic strategic thinking and Collaborative approach to governance.
- At least three years’ experience in auditing in a busy organization.
- A person of attested integrity.
- Computer literacy in Pastel Software, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Extent of carrying out duties and responsibility in #3 above.
- Must be a committed Catholic, with good recommendation from own parish priest
Kenya Episcopal Conference-Catholic Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800