NTV Commercial Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
The Nation Media Group ¡s a leading independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of:
Commercial Manager – NTV
REF: HR-CM-i 1-2012
Reporting to the Managing Director – TV and supervising the Agency, Direct and Special Accounts Business Managers, the position will entail optimizing NTV profitability by achieving NTV commercial revenue objectives.
We invite applications from qualified professionals with proven track records ¡n a complex and highly competitive multi-media commercial environment, preferably in a broadcast setting.
Overall responsibility will be to formulate and coordinate advertising plans and implement them to ensure achievement of the revenue objectives for the Group, by providing broadcasting advertising solutions to our NTV customers.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following key result areas:
- Plan and coordinate advertising sales strategies for NTV, while keeping in mind the brand profiles and products, to meet the Group’s business objectives;
- Grow revenue market shares across the sectors for the brand and product;
- Negotiate annual advertising contracts with representatives of major advertising clients and companies;
- Build relationships and facilitate client engagements;
- Identify manpower requirements and liaise with HR for recruitment;
- Manage performance of team members;
- Develop innovative ideas for existing and new products in close liaison with MD -TV and team members;
- Assist the Business Managers and Business Executives in resolving clients issues/corn plaints;
- Develop and orient the team to ensure understanding of brands, products & properties;
- Ensure talent management and reviews;
- Determine the contribution of each Business Manager, plan for the delivery of agreed targets and closely monitor performance by holding regular meetings with the team to review and plan performance and to provide guidance;
- Provide regular reports as required by senior management on sales performance, market intelligence and trends;
- Review debt status of the client’s accounts to determine credit worthiness and to recommend way forward;
- Evaluate NMG’s products performance against competition through research data, with a view to increasing market shares.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate in a business related degree. An MBA will be an added advantage;
- Expert knowledge with over 5 years, experience in a commercial environment, sales & marketing preferably ¡n a broadcast setting;
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills;
- Proven record in managing profit targets in a commercially-oriented environment and experience in leading change management initiatives;
- Understanding of the dynamics and complexity of broadcasting media and advertising competitiveness;
- Demonstrable ability to grow a profitable business with drive and commercial acumen in an organization embracing change; and
- Leadership, strategy, analytical and commercial skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may email their applications and detailed CVs online to: http://careers.nationmedia.com before 13th December, 2012.
Note: We shall only contact shortlisted applicants.