Product Development Manager Jobs at Safaricom Ltd in Kenya 2012
Job Title: M-PESA PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Reporting to the Senior Manager – M-PESA Product Development and, the job holder support the development of products/enhancements through the approved processes and provide support for projects to ensure that project deliverable are met on time and within budget.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
* Active support and contribution to the Vodafone Roadmap in order to drive collaboration between Safaricom and Vodafone;
* Follow up on implementation of roadmap items with Vodafone;
* Identification of new opportunities for system improvements, documentation of the same and final delivery;
* Tracking of agreed Vodafone delivery to ensure timelines are met as planned;
* Project Manage the delivery of new functionality and system enhancements to the market, including requirement specification, testing, documentation of processes & procedures;
* Pilot of functionality where required;
* End to Ends tests for all products in development stage and post launch initiatives;
* Identify & implement local changes for process improvement, in liaison with internal stakeholders from technical and other departments;
* Provide Product Support to Customer Care, Operations, Finance and other internal Sections on functionality issues;
* Work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues
* Proactively research & investigate functionality suitable for the local market and discuss with key stakeholders to obtain buy-in;
* Provide weekly progress reports, project reports & management performance report for Safaricom management.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field -Technical field;
* At least 3-4 years in project management with experience in ICT project management;
* Project management certification from a recognized body will be an added advantage;
* Good understanding of the mobile technology and mobile money trends across the world.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning;
* Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken;
* A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work, innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills;
* A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume and application letter indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and Ref No to the address below by Wednesday the 12th Dec 2012.
Senior Manager-Talent Acquisition,
Via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12th December 2012