Pact Advocacy Officer Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Pact is an international NGO with an office in Kenya among several other offices across the world, which enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and take part in the benefits that nature provides.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact is seeking an Advocacy Officer to support the advocacy component within the FANIKISHA Institutional Strengthening project.
The project is a five-year cooperative agreement (2011-2016), funded by USAID/Kenya and implemented by Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Pact Inc., Danya International, and Regional AIDS Training Network (RATN).
FANIKISHA works with Kenyan national health sector CSOs and their affiliates to strengthen their financial, human resources, management systems, governance, advocacy, networking and alliance building capacity to play a more strategic role in working with the Government of Kenya and other stakeholders to deliver effective health services at the community level.
The Advocacy Officer will mainly support Health NGOs Network (HENNET) in its efforts to provide a platform for CSO advocacy on priority health issues.
The advocacy efforts will be aimed at influencing community health policy articulation and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate FANIKISHA supported health advocacy initiatives implemented by HENNET
- Facilitate linkages between HENNET and health sector CSOs on advocacy matters
- Ensure FANIKISHA supported CSOs and other relevant CSOs have an opportunity to conduct health related advocacy using HENNET as a platform
- Facilitate FANIKISHA supported CSOs and other relevant CSOs’ engagement with strategic organs, committees, structures and networks within and outside Government for advocacy purposes.
- Enhance the implementation of the FANIKISHA Advocacy strategy
- Contribute to the attainment of the HENNET mandate
- Support in the development of HENNET advocacy work plans and engagement with FANIKISHA to facilitate technical assistance and support necessary for implementation of advocacy activities.
- Enhance the role of CSOs in influencing community health policy articulation and implementation using HENNET as a platform.
- Document advocacy experiences and keys
- Knowledge of the health landscape in Kenya
- Experience in coordinating and convening health advocacy initiatives that involve multiple partners
- Experience in engaging with the Ministry of Health and good understanding of the institutions, structures and dynamics within the health sector
- Good Interpersonal, facilitation, communication and writing skills
- A bachelor’s degree and at least two years relevant experience in health sector advocacy.
The Advocacy Officer will be based at HENNET and report to the FANIKISHA Advocacy Technical Advisor.
Submit applications via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday 13 December 2012.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.