Finance Officer Job Vacancy at Abt Associates in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Finance Officer
Finance Officer who will be responsible for providing support on the financial and administrative activities of the project.
Specific responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
* Provide financial support for the development and organization of the activities of the project
* Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, assist in the preparation of budgets and revenue plans for the project
* Analyze all types of expenses and enters them correctly in the project accounting system, loading them in the appropriate Quicken categories
* Follow financial procedures for expenses, such as Check Requests, Purchase Orders, Justification Memos, and ensures the necessary approvals for each expense
* Prepare the payroll of project employees, assuring that all amounts and deductions are made accurately
* Provide financial and administrative support to the project’s consultants
* Send all necessary reports to the organization’s Home Office: Bank Reconciliations, Cash Counts, and Advance Tracking in a timely manner
* Prepare and processes check requisitions and checks
* Maintain the Quicken database
* Oversee the administration and tracking of the project Petty Cash account, paying and monitoring of advances for trips and Expense Reports, and monthly payments for project utilities and all vendors and suppliers
* Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted
* Be responsible for procurement administration and dissemination of office related procurement policies and guidelines. Assist in all program administration and logistics.
* Update staff employment agreements and leave records
* Manage accounts payable such as the lease, insurance payments etc. ensuring a regular schedule of payments is adhered to
* Maintain documentation of organization’s compliance documents (registration, business permits etc.)
* Organize and analyse financial files to enable financial forecasting, steady budgetting, etc.
* Prepare monthly estimates for tax deductions
* Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar capacity or administrator role.
* Good organizational and communication skills.
* Bachelors Degree (required) in Business, Finance, Management, or other relevant field.
* 2 years of relevant professional experience in project management, contract administration, financial management, and/or program operations.
* Experience with USAID is a plus.
* Experience in accounting software – Quicken, Quickbooks preferred
* Experience in project implementation financial compliance a plus
* Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
* Successful track record in finance and operations
How to Apply:
If you are qualified for and interested this position, please send your CV and brief cover e-mail expressing your interest through email@example.com
Deadline: 14th December 2012