Chief Accountant Jobs vacancy in Kenya – Soft Drinks Company 2012
To manage staff accountants and the Accounting/Audit departments as they relate to the financial reporting and transactional accounting of the company.
Co-ordinate the monthly departmental revenue monitoring statements and prepare reports to the Corporate Leadership team and the Board.
Key duties/responsibilities of Chief Accountant:
- Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department
- Closely monitors the development and maintenance the ERP system
- Utilize teamwork to develop departmental synergy.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Assures compliance with state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
- Responsible for distributing financial statements and cost center reports.
- Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
- Staff management and development.
- Assist with annual budgets – prepares all allocations.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for all taxes obligations.
- Preparation of the monthly statutory accounts and consolidated financial statements.
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, audit, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in ERP Financial Consulting
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections:
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, three to five years of accounting experience and successful completion of ACCA/CPA exams.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Leadership and Negotiation skills are a must.
- Experience working in the FMCG industry is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and the excise tax regime will be an added advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your application.