TechnoServe (TNS) Young Women in Enterprise Cases Study Expression of Interest
Invitation for Expression of Interest
TechnoServe (TNS) is a nonprofit international development organization founded in 1968.
Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries www.tns.org.
TechnoServe has been implementing the Young Women in Enterprise program since June 2006 with funding from the Nike Foundation.
The program targets in-and-out of school girls aged 14-24 years. Since its inception, YWE worked with over 4,000 girls in low income areas of Nairobi. Organized in enterprise clubs of 30-40 girls, participants are trained on entrepreneurship, financial literacy, life skills and employability.
After training girls receive hands on support to start businesses, to open bank accounts and start savings and to find employment.
The YWE program current funding is in the wrap up phase during which we are exploring multiple opportunities for funding to scale and replicate the program based on the lessons learnt.
TechnoServe is currently documenting the YWE model to share knowledge with donors and stakeholders about girl programming, position ourselves as the go to organization on girl economic empowerment and to develop new partnerships and funding streams.
To document the YWE model, TechnoServe is now searching for an organization or individual who will review and revise a comprehensive draft case study to be used for fundraising, dissemination of the model and to inform future girls programming.
The draft case study has been reviewed and feedback received from internal TechnoServe reviewers and the donor for YWE.
- Read draft case study and feedback received from the donor reviewers and in discussion with TechnoServe develop a work plan for refining the case study.
- Develop a persuasive storyline throughout the case study
- Clearly illustrate how the program activities and results impacted the program beneficiaries and their households and their communities, thus demonstrating the program significance to girls in Kenya.
- Point out clearly at least 3 key messages to get out to the audience( donors)
- Identify and develop powerful selected girl’s beneficiary profiles
- Identify and use best practice format for a captivating read by the intended audience. This will include working on graphics, design layout, high quality photographs and captions.
- Package the presentation for publication and website posting.
- A soft PDF copy of the YWE case study document that is printable and of a length of no more than 13 pages of A4 size or equivalent content material on or before 28th December 2012.
- Originals of all photos, graphics and captions developed for the case study
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest, including the following information:
- Brief proposal (no more than 6 pages) indicating your capability, proposed approach and itemized budget.
- Detailed CVs of proposed lead consultant or project manager
- Give at least three references
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject indicated as either “EOI for Case study” to be received by COB 11th Dec 2012.
Full terms of reference will be provided after submission of applications.
TechnoServe Kenya reserves the right to accept or reject any application and is not bound to give reason for its decisions.