ICT Firm Procurement Manager Jobs in Kenya December 2012 (KShs 100K)
Our client is an ICT firm and is looking for a Procurement Manager
Gross Salary: 100K
The successful procurement candidate will be responsible for developing, leading, and implementing procurement, planning, and logistics processes to ensure timely availability of quality and optimal cost of raw materials, finished products and services to support achievement of company objectives
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing and deploying the procurement strategy and policies through appropriate plans
- Implementing the strategic selection of suppliers and monitoring their performance to maximize quality, service and cost
- Developing and managing supplier relationships
- Bench marking and implementing professional best practice policies and procedures in procurement to achieve cost reduction
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards
- Training, motivating and evaluating departmental staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Ensure compliance with inventory holding levels internally.
- Examining the procurement processes and taking remedial measures for cost reduction
- Overseeing the tendering process from bid document preparation to contracting.
- Identification of reliable sources of supply and ensuring that the flow of purchases remains unhampered.
Skills and Specification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills as he has to maintain very good relationships with different sets of people.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field from a recognized University
- Higher Diploma in purchasing and supplies management will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge in Accounting
- Registered KISM Member.
- Modern Supply Chain Management
- Experience in Overseas Sourcing
- Wide experience ( 5 years and above) in procurement and sourcing in a busy organization, experience with an ICT environment an added advantage.
- Familiar with Instruments of relevant government legislations and requirements regulating and Governing imports.
If qualified send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the title (Procurement Manager) on the subject line.
Corporate Staffing Services
3rd Floor, Nabui House, Unga Lane Westlands
(Next To Unga House) Nairobi.
N.B. We do not charge any fee for interviews and neither for having your CV in our database